To Run or Not To Run
Should I or shouldn't I? Nowadays there are numerous reasons why it might be a challenge to lace up our shoes and run or walk. Conversely, there are a myriad of reasons why we just need to move our bodies and do it. Here are a few personal benefits I experience when I run:
* Running wakes me up.
* Running gets my mind off problems.
* Running provides an opportunity for me to pray, listen to the audio Bible (try Youversion).
* Running with music stirs my soul.
* Running with no music also stirs my soul.
* Running clears my mind to think creatively and problem solve.
* Running keeps me more hopeful in the day. It's a great mental boost.
* Running uses more muscles than just sitting on the couch or at my laptop. :)
* Running keeps all of the systems working well, if you know what I mean.
* Running for a reason, like Marathon Mission, keeps me motivated.
* Running helps me sleep more soundly.
* Running will hopefully help me to live a long time for the glory of God.
* Running helps me to regulate the rhythms of life.
Why do YOU walk or run? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what fuels your fire! Let's encourage one another, and build each other up.
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me -- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me, and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."